General Mechanical/Process/Electrical Engineer
November 22, 2021
At Dynasafe, our mission is to make the world a safer place by protecting mankind from threats caused by explosive devices and hazardous materials. We are seeking a skilled engineer to help drive that mission and join the team on our demilitarization project at the Pueblo Army Depot.
As a systems engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and direction to ensure plant systems and components’ safe, efficient, and reliable performance within the design and environmental requirements. The ideal applicant will support all SOC systems but may be assigned specific systems. Appropriate fields of study for this position include mechanical, electrical, chemical, or process engineering. Related degrees with operations experience are also acceptable. Field experience in the demilitarization industry is preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities of the Cognizant Engineer will include:
- Providing technical expertise and direction to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable performance of plant systems and components within the design and environmental requirements, applicable codes and standards, approved procedures, and policies.
- Providing support to all SOC systems, but may be assigned to specific systems.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Configuration Management
- Understand system design and operation, including conformance to environmental, safety, and health requirements.
- Maintain technical baseline, system design documents, and supporting documents using proper change control and work control processes.
- Perform engineered equivalency analysis
- Lead resolution of design issues to support plant operations/maintenance
- Support system safety and other safety responsibilities
- Understand permit requirements and facilitate compliance. Support permit modifications.
- Understand and implement quality requirements.
- Operations and Maintenance Support
- Maintain overall cognizance of the system and be responsible for system engineering support for operations and maintenance
- Monitor, track, and trend assigned systems
- Conduct investigations of upset conditions and troubleshoot issues
- Recommend improvements to existing system operations
- Analyze equipment requirements and assist in requisition of specialized tools and
- Support development and updating of Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs) and facility/system-related documents
- Maintain and review daily logs and assist in resolving issues
- Evaluate and report on production activities
- Remain knowledgeable of system maintenance/operating history, industry operating experience, manufacturer and vendor recommendations, and product warnings
- Provide technical and training support to Operations
- Provide technical support to Maintenance, including:
- Develop and review purchase requisitions for replacement and spare parts
- Assist in planning critical, unusual, or major maintenance activities
- Develop Preventative Maintenance (PMs) and job plans
- Recommend changes in maintenance procedures based upon engineering evaluations of the trends observed
- Review calibration procedures and records
- Conduct long-range preparation and planning for future campaigns, and review identified campaigns for schedule improvements
- Support subcontracted modifications and maintenance work, which includes:
- Generating scope of work (SOW)
- Attending pre-bid meetings and job-site visits and answering bidder questions
- Reviewing/approving submittals/material from a subcontractor for accuracy
- Interfacing with the subcontractor to ensure work is completed correctly
- CSE Training and Qualification
- Complete required training, reading, and maintain qualifications associated with assignments
- Demonstrate an understanding of specific Safety and Regulatory assumptions/implications for the operation of the system and detailed system-specific knowledge, including key technical requirements, design basis information, and system interfaces
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS degree in mechanical, process, chemical, or process engineering, or a related scientific discipline from an accredited college or university with at least three years of relevant work experience in appropriate types of engineering such as systems startup and field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or another engineering/construction firm
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years of work experience in relevant types of engineering work (e.g., systems startup, field engineering, plant operations)
- Normally must be a US Citizen. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearances required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety)
- Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction/operating site
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Knowledge of typical industry electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/documents (e.g., P&IDs, single lines, logics)
- Equipment/system troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, VISIO, and other standard computer programs.
Pay: $75,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
The salary advertised is negotiable.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.