Project Controls Analyst
August 09, 2022
Dynasafe is looking for a Project Controls Analyst with excellent analytical skills to join our growing team in Talladega, AL! The Project Controls Analyst will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and oversee projects to ensure they are completed within the budget and on time. The ideal candidate will have experience with plant engineering and/or construction companies and possess in-depth knowledge of project management and basic accounting principles.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Reading and understanding the terms of each contract to include the scope of work, cost allowability, billing, milestones, deliverables, and schedule.
- Establishing and maintaining cost/schedule baselines.
- Developing and maintaining detailed project Estimates at Completion (EACs), including the actual costs to date and the Estimate to Complete (ETC) on a monthly basis. The Estimate to Complete is based on project managers’ (PM) inputs and should be reviewed with PMs and updated monthly.
- Assisting with determining revenue to be recognized monthly in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This includes understanding proper revenue recognition for Cost Reimbursable, Time and Materials, Fixed Unit Price, and Firm Fixed Price contracts.
- Using the EACs developed for each project, maintain a reliable company-wide project monthly revenue projection in collaboration with PMs and perform projection analyses of cash flow and profitability for projects.
- Summarizing actual project performance compared to proposed pricing, the original baseline EAC, and the most current EAC.
- Contributing to the creation of a common dashboard for each project with relevant financial data (cost, schedule, invoicing, etc.).
- Participating in a monthly review with PMs, Contracts, Finance, etc., to review each project in terms of cost, schedule, cash flow, deliverables, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Opening and closing charge codes based on approval of work.
- Based on the ETC, providing advance budgets to staff authorized to work on projects to limit accounting corrections.
- Reviewing all costs, vendor invoices, and customer invoices to ensure all activity is correct and accurate.
- Preparing and providing reports to project managers and management (such as Project Status Report, Labor Utilization Report, etc.).
- Liaising with Finance, Contracts, and Project Managers to ensure the flow of communication to eliminate discrepancies and ensure accurate monthly invoicing.
- Working with a global portfolio of contracts that needs to be streamlined in the documentation, analysis, and follow-up. As well as consolidating the global portfolio including different currencies, some hedging and removing internal mark-ups when preparing analysis, forecasts, etc.
- Communicating requirement limitation of costs/funds notices to Contracts based upon monthly invoice review processes and providing other financial support.
- Responsible for close-out/assisting in the close-out of contracts and subcontracts; processing and analyzing cost data for accuracy prior to submission and execution of any release letters to clients.
- Providing analysis and data to support the project, as needed.
- Building and updating project schedules.
- Travel, domestically and internationally, is required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a project control role is required.
- Familiarity with government contracts, FAR, CAS, etc.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving and financial skills – an ability to identify, analyze, and help resolve issues timely and effectively. Ability to mine data to identify trends.
- Experience with project or task financial management and support, including analyzing budgets, monitoring actual cost data, developing forecasts, and providing variance analysis.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Impeccable communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Experience in plant engineering and/or construction companies.
- In-depth knowledge of project management and basic accounting procedure
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening, credit check, and criminal background check
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
This list is not exclusive or exhaustive, and the role requires undertaking tasks as may be reasonably expected within the scope of the position.
This is the property of Dynasafe Demil Systems AB and must not be reproduced, disclosed to any third party, or used in any unauthorized manner without written consent.
©2022 Dynasafe Demil Systems AB